Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

Default my new focus pics.

Hi all, just thought i would share my recent pics with addition of window tint, mudspats, floor mats, scuff plates. i took some with a very wide angle fisheye lens so they look a bit rounded! has anyone put a chrome extension on the exhaust as it is at an awkward angle? cheers Huwhttp://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h166/huw62/

gottafocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
Forest Bear

Nice. Welcome to the club!
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
theBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottafocus
with addition of window tint, mudspats, floor mats, scuff plates.
nice one man- exact same as my car.

except i got a sedan, looks much better, sorry about that :hihi:
theBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

ha ha ha ha ha you wish! still saving for a 5 door hatch? my good man!
Old 30-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Forest Bear

Personal tastes I guess but the hatch rules for spunk. I love the look of my Zetec. It just looks better than a sedan. You're not going to see an XR5 in sedan guise are you?

Sedan is great for tuckshop ladies and senior lawn bowls teams. :nutsycuck
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
theBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
Personal tastes I guess
exactly! - I have always preferred a hatch for looks, but I just dont like the look of the focus hatch. Looks to me like its had its bum cut off as a rushed afterthought. I think if it was a bit longer or the back end was a bit more vertical it would be better.

To me the sedan looks like a scaled down version of a large car, and thats a look i really liked. Unlike most other small cars that look like a large cabin in a squashed up body.

The hatch is still a lot better than the LR though, my gosh thats a shocking looking thing. :nutsycuck

Also from a practical sense the Sedan was better becuase of the larger boot space. I have a family so I need to seat 4, otherwise if i was single I may just have taken the hatch. The extra storage with seats down is a bonus only if you dont need the seats!
Old 30-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
Uni

sedan looks good.. hatch looks better

my biggest gripe with the sedan is that the ground clearance on the rear throws it out of proportion for me.. looks a touch sill

of course, dumping it on its **** solves all that ;)

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 01:35 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yep Uni. The Sedan looks horrible due to the ride height. Check out Russ's car... just the way I'd like a Sedan to look! Plus, the sedan doesn't have the weird bumper one fog/ one reverse light too

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
blacksapphire

Was there any reason why they had the girl driving the hatch and the guy in the sedan in those ads? LOL!

Seriously though, where can you get a car the size of the Focus with a boot the size of the Falcon!

The hatches look sporty and sedans are classy. I guess diversity is a wonderful thing.
Old 30-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
gottafocus
lovemyfocus

but wasn't the guy on his way to pick up the lawn bowling ladies??? LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:50 AM   #11
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlake
exactly! - I have always preferred a hatch for looks, but I just dont like the look of the focus hatch. Looks to me like its had its bum cut off as a rushed afterthought. I think if it was a bit longer or the back end was a bit more vertical it would be better.

To me the sedan looks like a scaled down version of a large car, and thats a look i really liked. Unlike most other small cars that look like a large cabin in a squashed up body.
Totally agree - I ended up getting an LS LX sedan even though I wanted a hatch - a tough decision, but it just looks so proportionately 'right'. The high tail-lights and lines of the LS hatch just don't do it for me, although with familiarity I'm getting used to them.

I also agree that the ride height is miles too high - although I have to say that on dirt roads it's great. (For that matter, it's a pleasant surprise that the firm ride around town barely deteriorates on terrible roads.)

On exhaust matters, I was underneath the LS the other day - to my eye, it actually has a decent looking exhaust for a standard item - it's just that it's hidden. I wonder if it can be dropped slightly?
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 01:23 AM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The focus sedan looks alright save the ride height and (personal taste) I hated the way it's ar/se seemed to be a lot higher, made reversing such a hassle (I reversed into someone with mum's foci).

Aside from that, I would love it if they had the new focus and hopefully the xr5t with the 3-doors.

Edit: And thats a nice focus When I first picked up the Fiesta, I stood there and gaped at the new focus. (My mind was thinking "Dang! I could've gotten that!)
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post