Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 21-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Default Club Site - Biggest Members Update yet

Ok guys, I have worked extensively on the website to make the Members Rides area suit your needs more.

- You can now not only set your password when you register, which gets emailed to you, but you can also change it once you have logged in, if so desired. This way you can set it to something you can remember, not something I made up out of the blue.

- Registration page changed to reflect password entry, also any reference to FordForums Login has been removed and just replaced with Login, as the FordForums reference, which was only a guide as to what sort of name to use, confused alot of people.

- Users now have the choice of registering as Overseas instead of an Australian state for our international guests.

- The car list has been expanded to include the Sierra and the Cougar models.

- Pictures are now 640 x 480 in size, instead of much smaller.

- Modifications has been changed to Vehicle Details and Modification, for those who couldn't accurately describe their vehicle in the preset selections. This field and the Future Plans field are no longer restricted to 255 characters, you can now put in up to 64,000ish. A few people struggled to fit them all in, so there you go, lots of space! :

- The page where people can view your car has been altered to make it more friendly to the eye and accomodate larger photos and text areas. Example: http://www.eurofordclub.com/php/deta...ortrallyesport

Still to come: I want to change the background colour, and also the little picture at the top, which only reflects three of the cars in the club.

But now, I want your feedback. Login if you can, try uploading photos or changing details, change your password to whatever you want.

If you can't remember it, ask and I'll PM it to you. Then you can change it when you have logged in.

Feedback would be good, I hope I have answered every criticism or suggestion that has been raised so far. An automatic password retrieval system might also be on the cards to be e-mailed to your address.

Timmeh

Last edited by Timmeh; 22-02-2006 at 12:04 AM.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #2
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Ok, so I kept working after I posted this and got rid of that awful purple colour with bright blue hyperlinks.

I'm sure members will be most pleased to see it gone, replaced by Eurofordclub Blue with white hyperlinks.

Feedback most welcome.

Timmeh
Old 22-02-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
whippet_zetec
Supes

Tim,

A big effort there and the enhancements are great and really add to the site.

A job well done

Todd
Old 24-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #4
simonr
Focus Rookie

Still pretty ugly in my opinon, but i guess it depends on your working with on the back end..
Old 25-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
FlaminFiesta

lol u suck simonr lol wheres teh constructive feedback hhaha :o) so simons ofering to do work on it ?

yeh lots of work i guess!
FlaminFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

Just one thing tim. when you hit the home hyperlink, it sends you out to the enter this site page. this gets very frustrating, it should go back to the second page the one with the banner across the top.
Old 26-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Yeah I know, one of my list of things to change. Thanks for the constructive criticism tho.

If you come across any more suggestions, definitely keen to hear them.

Timmeh
Old 14-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tim,

I am having some trouble with trying to add a photo and some more info on my car. Would be great to have some assistance thanks

Adam
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I just checked it out then and I am having some troubles as well when using Internet Explorer, but when I use Mozilla Firefox everything works fine.

I'll look into it, no idea what could be causing that. I wonder if some sort of update has upset IE.

Timmeh
Old 15-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I'm having troubles loging in also - So, Timmeh... Can you please delete my profile.

Cheers mate!

*no more EuroFord for me!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post