Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
blueboost

Default Kents xr6turbo ute runs 10.10 full weight

Kent run his ute last night, 10.10 @139 mph, 1.58 60ft

that is a big effort when you think that it was full wieght, with roll cage, 9inch, with caltrac's, and other extra junk he has on his car,

he is going to weigh it when he gets back but i worked out it should be 4300lb with him in it.

if he put his best 60 ft (1.50 60ft) with his 10.10 time, if he put it together, it would have been a easy 9.

plus he had to back off earlyall night because he put the wrong gears in the diff and could not hold it flat untill the end of the track,

i think there will be a 9 sec ute very soon.

David

flying the flag in North Queensland.
blueboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Yep, people dont believe that a ute can weigh that much but it all adds up. My AU with me in it and 30L of fuel is 4400+ lbs (Ok, i'm a big fella but still). For a car to basically run a flat 10 with that much weight is a real credit to setup, tune and driver.

Well done.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
CFOUR
The Destroyer

That does seem a little heavy considering the 9". But a top effort there. Nice work.
Old 24-08-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
blueboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR
That does seem a little heavy considering the 9". But a top effort there. Nice work.
i could be out a 100lb, don't know untill we weigh it, but the 9inch adds weight if you don't put light weight stuff in it, caltrac's adds weight, roll cage adds weight, extra fuel and fuel system in the back adds, even kents box head adds a fair bit, the car starts off about 1780kg without this gear and driver , so i don't think i am to far out.

David
flying the flag in North Queensland.
blueboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post