Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
MR4ORD
Slow going

Default LW Focus TA/TP Traffic Alert System

Just wondering if anyone has actually received any Traffic alerts through the digital radio on their focus, am I doing something wrong or is this something radio stations here are not actually broadcasting as yet?

MR4ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
ConradP

Default Re: LW Focus TA/TP Traffic Alert System

Pretty sure we don't get any of those features, I have it on my LV focus, was wondering what the buttons did but worked out that it's a Euro thing.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
wombat66

I'm not sure about our Focus yet but we do have the service in Australia. We have it on our Garmin. It's called Suna Traffic and operates on the FM band. Although I'm not sure that's what the Focus uses. Do a bit of a search on Google. I haven't got around to trying it out yet in the Focus as we don't live in the big smoke....

Edit: I don't think we actually have digital radio in the Focus.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
harveyr

I'm sure my Focus Sport doesn't have digital radio.
harveyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Nolz

The button is there and you can press it however my dealer said it's a feature that's not currently available....but it's coming....(hopefully in my life time).
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR4ORD
Just wondering if anyone has actually received any Traffic alerts through the digital radio on their focus, am I doing something wrong or is this something radio stations here are not actually broadcasting as yet?
I have ticked the TA/TP box in the radio settings and some stations (FM) show both TA & TP and some just show one or the other. But haven't seen it work

I was surprised to see the RDS function for FM stations which tells you the Artist and song name when you press the text button. Some stations display a bit more info.Nice feature esp.when you hear a new song and wonder who sings it. Thought only DAB+ radios did that.
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
sadams
Starter Motor

In the UK that feature kicks in when a radio station sends a signal to alert that a traffic announcement is about to commence. The head unit then stops your CD or retunes the radio to the station doing the traffic announcement.

No idea if Aussie stations use the feature.

I think the Garmin feature might be different, where the Garmin receives info on traffic snarls and offers to reroute you to avoid the traffic.
sadams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
frozen xr5

dont work here got it in the RS's old sony head unit
Old 12-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
lotusproject

wombat66 got it right. Sunatraffic are operating in all mainland capitals and some Fords (Falcon G series and Territory Titanium) are apparently linked with their system.
Here is a link to their website:
http://www.sunatraffic.com.au/moreinfo.html.
lotusproject is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post