Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
kenny21
This is really me :)

Default LR Audio head unit?

I finally figured out how to take it out haha its actually pretty easy. Does any1 know or have the wiring diagram for it? Cause i wanna figure if i can fit ma sub into it and other things or if i can plug an aftermarket into it without too much trouble or whatever. So yea if anyone knows about the wiring for it that would be great thanks

Alex

kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #2
BlackLS

Goodluck with finding a wiring diagram. You shouldn't need it.

If your putting in a new head unit, get a $10 multimeter from Dick Smith. Setting the multimeter to 20v and putting the black prong on an exposed part of the body (it put it on the door hinge bolt) and the red on one of the thick wires, try to find the connection thats 12v with the keys out the ignition. Tag that wire. Then do the same thing, but with the keys on accessory. Then find the ground cable. Put the multimeter onto resistance, and check each wire remaining to see which one has little or no resistance. The cable is usually brown or black.

With each speaker wiring, they are ususally similar colours, get a button battery and put a wire onto each side. If the speaker cone moves out, it means the wire on the +ve side of the battery is +ve. If it goes in, reverse the battery. If it doesn't go, you have the wrong wires.

If your putting in a sub onto a factory unit, you'll need a high to low level converter. Tap into the speaker wire and go from there. Then run the remote wire from the amp to accessory wire.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
BlackLS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=5203
Old 04-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
simonr
Focus Rookie

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=715&page=1
Old 04-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
BlackLS

Thanks mate ;)
Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #6
kenny21

Yea i got a bit of a background in electrical engineering but it always makes it easier when ya got a diagram lol im a bit lasy haha. Umm yea i got ma amp and sub from ma old car and i installed that maself which was easy cause i could plug the RCA's into the headunit but this 1 i cant so how do i tap the RCA's into the speaker wire? And with the remote wire i can just connect that too the accesory wire at the headunit can i? Cheers

Alex
Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you need a LOC (line out converter) which converts the speaker signal into 2 rca outputs.
I got the signal from the 2 rear door wires and ran them to the LOC which i put in the boot near the amp
Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
BlackLS

Good luck with it. Be sure to post pics of the progress.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
kenny21

Cheers. Yea i ve just hooked some neons off the head unit ill post some pics soon.