Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-08-2024, 12:22 PM   #1
Trendseeker

Default Looking for tyre recommendations

A new member with a Mondeo is looking for advice on tyres that give a quieter ride. Here’s his post in the new member’s section:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=6849
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #2
Shepherd
Starter Motor

Default Re: Looking for tyre recommendations

I can't recommend a particular tyre as my Continental SportContact5 tyres (which I find to be moderately noisey) have been replaced by the SC6, with the SC7 released in Europe.

What I would do is make up a list of tyres available in the size needed & check the details for them on tyrereviews.com. For most, under "Summary", noise is shown as a decibel range (depending on size) according to the Euro standard.
For example - Falken FK520 68-72, Michelin Primacy 4 68-72, Pirelli Cinturato P7 66-72, Bridgestone Turanza T005 66-74, Hankook Ventus Evo2 65-75.

Further down the page under "Label Scores", noise is shown for each size. For example, in the required size, the Pirelli P7 (96W) is 69 & the Hankook Evo2 is 70.

There are also links to tyre comparison tests, some of which include noise level.
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #3
Shepherd
Starter Motor

Default Re: Looking for tyre recommendations

As I indicated in my earlier post, noise level for a given pattern can vary by tyre size.

So I went back to tyrereviews.com and searched for reviews by size - 235/40R19.
Note these are user, not expert, reviews.

Highest rated for Comfort (ride & noise) was the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 at 85%, with the Asymmetric 5 81%. However neither is available in Australia in the required size.

The best I found that is available is the Michelin Primacy 4 at 83%.

Some others - Hankook Ventus S1 evo3 79%; Maxxis Victa Sport5, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 & Continental Premium Contact 6 78%; Falken Azenis FK510 & Continental Sport Contact6 77%. Then a drop to Bridgestone Potenza Sport & B Turanza T005 & Kumho Ecsta PS71 73%.
Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post