Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #1
sharkbite

Default 2014 Trend 5 speed manual transmission broken

Hi Folks...

My sons transmission gave up the ghost yesterday - engine runs, but no drive.

we are able to move the car while its in gear, so its either the clutch or something more serious.

We replace the original clutch last year, so it could be a dodgy job by the last bloke.

Can anyone recommend a good transmission place near the hills district of Sydney so we can tow it there?

Our local mechanic is excellent, but he does not do transmission repair, only replacement, and me boy cant afford his rates anyway...

any help would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,
sharkbite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2014 Trend 5 speed manual transmission broken

Check the drive shafts, there was a point where they were snapping at the hub. Try drive and see if the drive shafts are spinning but not going anywhere, then you know if its out or inside of the box.

If it was the shaft I am guessing it stopped moving when taking off from standstill.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post