View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 03:41 PM   #1722
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Cool Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Anyone still reading this thread and involved in the industry ?

I have an update i may post a bit later as soon as i find the post i am going to refer to LOL.

Originally Posted by Random internet Poster
I have thought a lot about typing this , the last 3 goes i had got deleted by refreshing the page on my slow internet connection so here we go again?

Here is a personal experience of a day at the MAC camp through my eyes , please understand this is my personal view only.

Others may adjust just fine to this lifestyle ?

4am: Wake up time, turn on the lights/shower/ brush teeth and get dressed..

4.30am: Head to the mess, walk through the cigarette smoke of everyone standing outside the front doors,swipe in and go select what i want for breakfast and lunch.

4.45am: I go sit by myself but that doesn't last for long ..Probably overhearing a dozen people bitching about the job now while trying to drink my coffee.

5am: Head to the rotunda where everyone is standing around smoking and undertake a breath test, this happens every morning before i get on the bus and as soon as we get to site and swipe in...

5.10am: Hop on the bus and head straight for the back and hope no-one sits next to me.. start panicking about doing a good job today as many others want to jump on my machine.

6.00am: Arrive at Daunia and proceed to swipe in with my ID tag if i pull a red marble out of the bag i will be drug tested and then go make a coffee in the cribroom.
I Try to stay away from all the back stabbing that seems to be a way of life for these people.

6.05am: We have a pre-start safety meeting and discuss the task ahead and any changes/dangers..

*Now i go do my job, fill out start cards /have smoko/have lunch/ fill in my timesheets and any incident reports and maybe we even had a toolbox meeting today*

4.15pm: Swipe out and head for the bus where everybody is standing around smoking.

As usual i am the last one to park up and they are probably talking about me sucking up to the boss ?

Maybe thats why i am driving the BIGGEST machine on site and they are holding the lollipop sign out in the stinking sun all day ??

4.25pm: I get on the bus, it stinks and the 60 other blokes that have been sweating all day don't help things either...

5pm: Arrive back at MAC Camp, walk straight to the mess through the smokers and pack tomorrows lunch.
I don't eat tea anymore as i am trying to lose weight, plus the variety is great but it ain't home cooking!

I head through the security door to the HUB and have a cold beer... or two usually by myself ...

6.30pm: I walk back to my room with a 6 pack it's still 30+ degrees, walk past my neighbours smoking out front of their units (i seriously hate these people) they talk all night (well till 10pm anyway) and i go to bed at 8!!

7pm: Still Resisting the urge to punch the crap out of these ignorant bunch and believe me i am more than capable, but i would be removed from camp if i did so and would probably lose my job soon there after...

7.30pm: I Skype my girl on the Gold Coast and hope her talking drowns out the whinging of the bunch outside and the sound of their empty bottles and cans hitting the bin .

8.30pm: I leave my media player on my pc going so my music will put me to sleep, who am i kidding i will be up at 12/1.30/2.15 and probably 3 something as well thanks to the aircon that shakes the walls and the fridge that sounds like it is possessed.

9pm: I am probably asleep by now dreaming about what i am missing out on back home, craving a relaxing bath, a cuddle and someone who will actually listen to my complaints for a change.

I will be concerned over how long the project will last, how long till i fly home again, whether i am going to get lung cancer from these ignorant smokers and whether that brunette from Goldings actually meant anything when she smiled at me at breakfast?

If it rains, i will be soaking wet walking to the bus and then the aircon will give me hypothermia, oh well now i am whinging lol...

Thanks for reading, if you don't have an issue with smoking , ignorant people, stinky/bumpy/repetitive bus travel, getting up at 4am in the dark,seeing the same faces 14hrs a day, getting jsa's and sop's jammed down your throat and constant inductions, flying in and out, not being able to get in a car and take a drive somewhere/anywhere... you will probably like it up here...

In 6 weeks i have already saved $16000 so there are some obvious benefits to the isolation... but this is not a long term plan for me anymore...

My relationship with ****** is more important than just making money ..

peace out Random Internet Poster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now a NEW perspective

4am: Wake up time, turn on the lights/shower and get dressed..

4.15am:
Head to the mess, go select what i want for breakfast and lunch.

4.45am:
Go sit with my workmates and talk about our days off whilst drinking my coffee.

5.15am:
Hop on the bus , pre start commences and get told where i am starting my day off and what on.

5.30am:
Arrive at Caval Ridge and proceed to swipe in with my ID tag

*Now i go do my job, fill out BMA Safe/have smoko/have lunch and any incident reports .

6.15pm: Swipe out and head home on the bus.

6.30: Head into good ol club Buffel and enjoy some Gourmet Cuisine

7.00: We head to the wet mess and have a cold beer with my work mates...

7.30pm:
I walk back to my room with a 5 pack it's still 30+ degrees or minus -1 LOL, walk past my neighbours and offer them a beer.

8.00pm:
I call my Wifey on the Gold Coast and tell her how much i love and miss her.

8.30pm: I watch a bit of TV and aim to be asleep by 9pm

Thanks for reading, if you don't have an issue with repetitive bus travel, working safely and to a plan, getting up at 4am in the dark,seeing the same glorious faces 14hrs a day, filling out jsa's and sop's to further your career , flying in and out of Brisbane to Moronbah, not being able to just get in a car and take a drive somewhere/anywhere... then you will most probably like it up here and the stress free lifestyle that comes with it...

I am on $120K + Super and i only work 26weeks a year, less holidays + BONUSES !

But i do work 91+ hr's a week when i am at work , but as i have come to realise life is really what ya make of it
Peace out Daz

PS: I still love's ya Mitch

Last edited by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys; 14-05-2021 at 03:59 PM.
3 users like this post: