View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #49
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
Thankyou :-) Yes been doing a lot of research on lawns. I believe I have a Couch grass. But looking close today might be Buffalo.

I have been going around pulling those weeds out. I have a complete infestation of them!

I don't think I have a choice but to spend hours and keep going around digging them out. As a result I've dug up a lot of my lawn

At the moment plan of attack is to put runners back into the ground and keep searching around for more of those weeds. I don't think they can be killed off. I've pulled out at least 150 so far.

In the spring I'll do the broad leaf weed killer then fertilise in september. Lucky its a small yard... Some are was the couch is thin because of shade, so I'll put in garden beds I think.
I might need a closer pic of your lawn to ID what type you have, as this will determine the broad leaf weed killer to use on it.

Keep it up mate. When spring arrives it will really take off with some fertilizer and water. Nothing better than the smell of a freshly cut lawn.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: