View Single Post
Old 13-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #3
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Travel Restrictions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Myself and others have been travelling from Qld to the NT the whole time, were designated essential services (Offshore Oil & Gas) and the company i work for does all the jumping through hoops with respective State/Territory Govt's and obtain the required exemptions from quarantine, these exemptions are very dependant on where your from, if your from a hotspot then you can basically forget it as you will be required to complete a 14 day quarantine on arrival, that is assuming you even get approved and no one that works for my company has yet....

We have a plenty of guys from WA working with us and they are exempt when travelling to the NT, the problem for them is when they return home, some have had to quarantine and some havn't...

As we employees have a decent amount of paperwork to do and conditions to meet which differ depending on which state you are travelling from, the requirements seem to change all the time, this time we had to do an online questionnaire through the NT Gov website which was not done previously then print out the completed document i flew down to Brisbane yesterday and will be flying to Darwin this morning...

The key is getting declared as essential to the State/Territory you are travelling to and i'm guessing just changing jobs cause you want to won't cut it for Tassie anymore than anywhere else, you have to be essential to that states requirements and your employer wil have to demonstrate that....
DJR, you mean like the AFL footballers that went to QLD and then their 400 friends ??

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: