View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 08:42 AM   #6288
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post

What I note is missing from the Health advise, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been almost no mention of nutrition, having a multi-vitamin and getting out in the sun and/or getting exercise as a way to build up your immune system. I'd be happy for you to provide the government links, brochures etc on how these things can help reduce the effects of Covid-19.

The only thing I've heard all the talking heads from government mention is a vaccine. Interestingly enough the AZ trial has temporarily been put on hold due to an adverse reaction. Lets hope the details of this adverse reaction are made public.
To be honest, I haven't seen too much at all regarding preventative measures apart from social distancing and washing your hands.

While I don't pretend to have all of the answers (in fact, I don't pretend to have any answers) you would think that there would be more exposure for these sort of preventative measures. Maybe they aren't news worthy against everything else that is going on.

Speaking of which, while I won't criticise, personally I haven't seen too much information on how we social distance. Sure, we've been told we have to social distance but for God knows how long we have been packed into cities like sardines and became used to this. Then we were told to change our habits overnight?

A suggestion (probably a dumb suggestion) would have been to employ some celebrities to make things 'cool', such as social distancing, touching elbows, taking multi-vitamins, getting out in the sun etc. Kids/teenagers would start doing it and hopefully they would then shame their parents into doing it too. Sort of like encouragement instead of using a big stick.

I'll be honest, these lockdowns etc are not affecting my livelihood, but what I am worried about is how they are going to affect my kids and grand children's lives in years to come.

Sorry for the long post.
6 users like this post: