Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #6281
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
There have been plenty of advice provided both via the Vic Emergency App and on the DHHS web site as well as in the various news broadcasts and TV ads.

Way back in this thread I posted the percentages of people that had one of the 5 major co-morbidities (hypertension, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease, diabetes and cancer) and it was probably a little higher than the 40% quoted.

It's not got a whole lot to do with the health system in general but rather the lifestyles we lead and the fact that most of those ailments are readily managed by medication and are generally not immediately life threatening in themselves with the exception of (some) cancers of course.

Hypertension (apart from hereditary types) is linked to poor exercise, diets high in salt and saturated fat as well as diabetes.

Type 2 diabetes (the more common kind) is also linked to diet.

CVD is linked to both diabetes and hypertension as well as diet, smoking and physical condition (obesity being a major cause).

COPD is linked to environmental factors and smoking.

Cancer is the great unknown in terms of causal factors that may or may not be in our control.

I'm also not absolutely sure that all the advice provided by the CR Government has sound basis in scientific facts but at least there isn't anything in it to worsen the situation.
You make very valid points and I'm impressed with how you've articulated them.

What I note is missing from the Health advise, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been almost no mention of nutrition, having a multi-vitamin and getting out in the sun and/or getting exercise as a way to build up your immune system. I'd be happy for you to provide the government links, brochures etc on how these things can help reduce the effects of Covid-19.

The only thing I've heard all the talking heads from government mention is a vaccine. Interestingly enough the AZ trial has temporarily been put on hold due to an adverse reaction. Lets hope the details of this adverse reaction are made public.
3 users like this post: