View Single Post
Old 27-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD Easter : 1 Km over Speed Limit Ticket!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
I have & do frequently, But I just make sure I just dont do it at Easter.

Well there is a simple solution. I just make sure I dont speed at this time of year.

Everyone know that Easter & Christmas is cash register time for the government. Extra police swarm the roads. We all know this, every year. It never changes.

I, myself, every year coming up to these periods always change my driving style to make sure I am below the limit. Not much, 5 or so. It negates this issue. So for 4 or so weeks in a year I am slower & more assertive. Just to ensure I dont receive a unwanted gift from the government.

For the other 48 weeks of the year, I drive at my normal style. I know that there is more lax from the red & blue lights in addition to there being less of them.

Most say that there is a gestapo attitude most of the time, but this is true every year at these times. Use that knowledge, adapt your driving style when there is more chance of being caught & do what you do for the other 48 weeks of the year when there is less chance.

My basic message is just play along at Easter & Christmas don't bang on about. No matter how hard we raise voices at this time of the year, it will always be the same. Just roll with it.
Fair call.
I would say the majority of people adjust their driving at easter/christmas to reduce the chance of fines, yet it has made no real difference to the number of serious incidents. Therefore it is a huge scam of govco trying to look as if it is doing something, while fining (taxing) people for an arbitrary infraction. A fine for a victimless crime. One that makes all of us non-law abiding citizens. At what point do we think that the government no longer governs for us, but against us?
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
6 users like this post: