View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #20
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Medicinal Cannabis

Most modern medicine has its roots in natural remedies. Doctors are not opposed to natural remedies, most will tell you that the start to a healthy diet is fresh vegetables and fruit. The most widely used powerful pain relievers were originally derived from opium, and many products still use commercially grown poppies.
Yet the medical profession as a whole maintains there is no therapeutic benefit from Cannabis.

Anything with remotely medicinal properties has long since been extracted, purified, and synthesised. Every year big pharma spends billions testing everything from noxious weeds to spider-venom. They have tested every conceivable derivative of cannabis and found nothing they can sell. WTF does that tell you.

Off course the intaweb is full of people claiming all sorts of miracle cures from cannabis, and many other people reporting those claims as "fact".
So what else is new?
There's a billion people in China who think Rhino-Horn is an aphrodisiac, people who believe you can cure all manner of illnesses with aromatic oils, or by shoving a hose up your ****, etc, etc.
So forgive me if I still insist on getting my medical information from the medical and scientific experts, rather than from some dude on the internet.

This is not to say that there aren't some beneficial side-affects from cannabis, but the utterly bizarre thing is those people who refuse to take medication that actually does the job, but will instead subject themselves to the risks associated with cannabis.
My Dad went through years of chemo. It made him puke, so the doctor game him anti-nausea medication. Problem solved.

For people who have abnormally suppressed appetites, cannabis products can "help" because they act on those particular receptors in the brain. (aka "the munchies") But other safer drugs can do the same thing.

The biggest problem with the debate is that most proponents of "medicinal" cannabis are also those who enjoy getting stoned, and argue for the legalisation of recreational cannabis. So they are not exactly unbiased.

And the biggest problem with "medicinal" cannabis, is that its a joke. Look at anywhere its been legalised in the USA. Stoners can go to a "medicinal" pot outlet and buy any damn variety they choose.

I cannot say that pot screws up everyone who uses it. One study established a 90% correlation between psychotic mental illnesses, and a history of pot use. But that was saying that 90% of psychos had used pot, no indication of what % of pot user become psychos.
One argument being that it only triggers those with an underlying predisposition.
I have unfortunately known a few people who have screwed themselves up with pot, and become psychotic, paranoid, and in some cases schitzo.
But again, I don't know how many pot users I may have known who didn't develop any symptoms.
3 users like this post: