View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 08:18 PM   #17
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

The EL Falcon.

The EL was just before my consciousness of cars, in fact I don't think I have even ridden in one, let alone drive one. The EL was the last revision of the EA265 platform the debuted with the EA model that launched in 87/88. By then, most of the bugs had been ironed out, think head gaskets, schizophrenic central locking and suspect handling traits.

Styling wise, I much preferred the EL over the EF, mainly because Ford reintroduced a grill, even if it was fake. The EL also welcomed back the Falcon GT as a limited-edition model, with performance that didn't match the suggestive styling. Even still, I would happily have one in Sparkling Burgundy.

To me though, the ultimate EL would be the late series XR8, which stole the upcoming AU models 185 kW Windor V8, as well as various AU paint colours. The added (fake) grill also made it look more aggressive.

These last two put together for the 50th Anniversary of the Falcon, Ford releasing an image each Friday to represent the various Falcon's over the years.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: