Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2021, 12:23 PM   #26
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So im getting jack of snapping the chinesium steel axles, snapped another one yesterday. Yes they are stronger then the factory plastic axles and last longer, but they still fail. So i bit the bullet and bought a set of the factory optional steel axles. Yes they cost 3 times as much, but i should have just done that to begin with as ive spent more replacing the cheap steel axles.
Anyhow, i recieved the other set of rims and tyres i ordered today. Same beadlock rims as the aftermarket ones i have on the thing, but road tyres on them. Reason being the offroad tyres are good on grass, dirt, mud and concrete, i do 50 50 concrete and off road. Concrete wears down off road tyres 10 times quicker then road tyres. Wheels take 30 seconds to swap over. And from prior experience, in the dry they arent as good on grass or dirt, but they still do good enough. And these tyres are also belted. Ive been really impressed with the sidewalls and general new found predictability of the belted off road tyres, so once it stops raining and drys up i cant see road tyres being a disappointment. So all the suspension work, over stock it was handling x 100. I should have done wheels and tyres first, because over modified suspension, its handling x 1000.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: