View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 11:03 PM   #2907
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Don't you love it when a small job actually works out like you were expecting it to?

A few weeks back I had screen doors fitted to the new house (not sure how people can stand not having fresh air in the house ). Install all went well, but the young guy doing the measurement and quote noted that the laundry door would impact on the batten holder outside the door. To overcome this temporarily, I just removed the globe. During the week I purchased a 240v downlight and a surface mount socket outlet.

Today, I removed the old batten holder, cut a larger hole in the eave, terminated the supply cable into the socket, and installed the downlight. All done within an hour and no access into the roof required.

Now, I'm not an electrician and I don't condone a non-licensed electrician doing their own work. I know that it is illegal. I did, however, complete my first year of an electrical mechanic apprenticeship, am a degree qualified electrical engineer (you licensed electricians shouldn't hold that against me ) and have completed (although not tested) my pre-electrical inspectors course, so have self-assessed myself as competent to do this small job. Again, I don't condone the action though.

But, I was pleased that it stayed a small job. I hate it when you start what you think will be a small job, only to find that it takes you significantly longer than planned

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: