Thread: Back In Focus!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 11:39 PM   #20
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back In Focus!

The random wipes are still happening, on and off, but leaving the courtesy wipe off has reduced the number of incidences. Just one of those things, I suppose.

On a more positive note, the car is very quiet on the move. You can still hear the engine note under acceleration (quite a gruff warble), but it's muted. I did a comparison with the wife's LW, and there is a lot more sound deadening rubber around the doors.

There is also additional welded strips here and there around the body, presumably for reinforcement. I seem to remember reading that this model was a fair bit more rigid than the previous one.

Oh, and during an under bonnet inspection, I decided to pull the air filter out for a look. Undo two clips and out it came, a panel type job. Took almost as long to decide it was clean as to put it back. You could change it in 30 seconds - a big contrast to the previous cylindrical model on LV through LZ range. The dipstick is flimsy, though, but at least the car seems to be using no or very little oil.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: