View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #83
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmfp
Hey bud im running a recond 302 with a very mild cam with a 600 Holley and it runs great, Im still using the 2 barrel manifold with an adaptor/spacer under the carb. Also mines still running the cast manifolds with a twin 2 inch system and M&H flowmaster style mufflers which gives it a great sound imo
Ok, interesting. Are the 2 inches big enough? because mine has a single 2 inch which seems in very good nick so might be able to reuse half of it, unless thats not a good idea?
And I'm looking at a 465 Holley at the moment, but I'm in no hurry, got to get it roadworthy and registered first, then go for more grunt

Just got home and had a look at the coupe with dad to see what he got done during the week.
MY COUPE HAS A FULL ON BULLET HOLE IN THE FLOOR!!!!!

Reinforces my theory that the coupes were made as mafia cars. Enough room in the boot for a few machine guns, a few bags of concrete and a body or two, then enough grunt to tow the boat faster then the cops. You do the maths :P

Few other holes/tears in the passenger side floor that need welding, not as bad as i thought it would be.

Wont need patching, just welding. Only on the passengers side though. Must have been wild chases in its mafia days

Pics of the boot panels as requested.

Here's the boot side panels as fabricated by dad.

Diff flattening piece and back seat cover piece, both also fabricated by dad.

They are almost done, just needs a few slight trims and then hitting with black paint to seal them.

Parcel shelf getting close on done, plastic mounted on masonite pieces as fabricated by dad again! Got a stereo and speakers coming for it from a friend, cost me a detour to pick up something for him

Looking at the wiring for the rear demister, is the power for that by this blue wire? If not what is it for? And also what is the wire for thats looped in the top right?

Also is this boot light an aftermarket job? I think you've told me Pat but I cant remember lol. Just that its all not working at the moment, thinking I might take it all out because I've always got my phone torch lol. And I cant find the lens cover for the light, if i did keep it I'll probably put a whole new light fitting in or something.

Switch for the boot light

Also when dad pulled the passengers seat out, one of the rails come off in 2 pieces, it also has a date with the welder tomorrow.

Oh and dad showing off the 4 inch lift kit!

Just kidding ya's! It's just up on stands this side (hidden in this pic hehe). But who had a heart attack? Oh you can see new tires on the front, with white writing still

Roadworthy is booked for thurs morning, hopefully it passes then can get rego'd that arvo or friday so i can drive it next weekend!

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread

Last edited by Phil B; 12-05-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote