View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S11/S20

So .... I have had the S20 Ultra for 6 days now.
And taking time to set it up (as I've been really busy with work .... and still mainly using my Note 8 anyway.

Got the chance to take some photos at my Son's B'day last weekend ... and some dark fast moving shots in Timezone when he was at a party as well. And for out-of-the-box shots with no adjustment ... the clarity and colours are really good. I have not needed to make any adjustments.

When in a decent 5G area ... speeds are pretty good as well.

It looks like uploads are capped at 50Mbps as multiple tests seem to flatline at that.
Its reduces a little the further in the building you go (but still about 350Mbps in the middle of the office inside)

Had to turn on 120hz screen refresh rate ... and up the camera/video quality as it was only set to FHD standard.
Battery usage is hard to gauge at the moment as I've been mucking around with it a bit .... but it did drop off a little when I upped the screen refresh rate.
I havn't got the 45W super fast charger ... but Fast charging seems fine via wireless (I don't let it run down ... I have a wireless charger at work and home).

screen switching is really snappy (even with multiview running as well) .... but 12Gb of memory will help there.
Checking the stats though ... I have about 3Gb free while running everything on it.

The provided clear case is very gel-like as well ... and protects better than the thinner more brittle clear items that came with my Note 8.
Not much difference in outer dimensions compared to Note 8 ... LCD coverage is bigger though ... and S20 Ultra is thicker (but I think the cover aids in that).
It's heftier in weight as well .... but that's doesn't bother me too much as I'm used to larger handsets.

Last edited by Mechan1k; 11-03-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: