View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
Aaron

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Retrofit Auto Headlights and Wipers

The rain sensor is a bit of a pain to mount. If you are lucky you’ll manage to source one that comes with its mounting frame, but if not an adhesive gel pad and/or some ABS plastic bent up to allow the metal clips to engage will work.

I bent the mounts up and then drilled a hole for the mounting tangs to engage through. The long flats then gets epoxied (or taped with some pretty strong tape) to the glass of the windscreen.

In the above pic you can see the factory silicone pad is still intact. It it’s damaged or missing you’ll need hunt down some. I bought one through AliExpress for about AUD7 but haven’t had to use it.

AU $6.10 25% Off | For Car Rain Sensor Double Sided Transparent Glue Stickers Self Adhesive Front Windshield High Strength Heat Resistant Gel Pad

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMrNg0X

Now onto the Mask.

It sounds pretty tricky but all I did was grab some vinyl wrap and cut out the shape of the sensor covers adding a 3-4mm margin.

I then used the sensor and cover together to locate the window. You want the sensor to be as far down the screen as possible otherwise the wiring connector will hit the mirror post, or just be really awkward. Don’t forget to allow for the bracketing so 7-10mm from the inside end of the cover would be about perfect, so 15-20mm from the end of your mask is a rough guide.