View Single Post
Old 24-07-2021, 11:38 PM   #13
DoubleTrouble

Default Re: You Don't own MY Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
In the world in general, and even in this forum, I am getting sick and tried of the Thought Police.

Much of life is based on opinions, or at best theories. Even where there are immutable laws of Maths, Physics, and Logic, a person's ability to perceive them can be limited. Meaning that they remain limited to their opinion.

And that's fine. Opinions are like Farts. Everyone has one, and it's only other peoples' that stink.

And yet it seems that so much effort today is dedicated to trying to control what other people think.
In my personal opinion, if you were born with an X chromosome, you are a Man. That's my opinion, and nobody has any right to demand that I change. If somebody else chooses to think differently, that too is their opinion, and they are similarly entitled.
If I were to advertise for say a house-mate, and I refused to consider a trans-person, that is my right.
If I were able to bake (edible) cakes, I reserve the right to bake or not bake any cake I so choose.

When I'm hiring somebody, on behalf of my Employer, then I'm bound to comply with their policies (and if I can't tolerate them I can quit) so I might hire such a person, and behave in a totally friendly and professional manner, because my personal opinion is not at issue. But as long as my personal opinions don't interfere, nobody has the right to demand I change.

Similarly, you don't own my language. If I choose to say "Mary likes her new car", as opposed to "their", that is not your "pronoun", that is my language.
as to whether or not you find that offensive, IMHO that's situational. If I had a friend or colleague that asked me to use "they", I would make the effort.
But if some celebrity-twat chooses to take offence at people's use of language, then I really don't give a ****.

People also need to understand that having a right to an opinion, does not include "protection" from the right of somebody else to have a contrary opinion.
You do know the WOKE crowd will not like your opinion!