Thread: TDCI Focus
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #58
Dustproof

Default New MKII TDCi

Picked up my new MKII LV Powershift, what a different car to the LT I traded. My problem is now I have to wait for the engine to run-in to get good fuel consumption.

I found you can't hurry the gearbox at all, you have to wait until you feel it engage before you hit the throttle. I had a huge bang when I went from reverse to drive, the car was still but the gearbox was in no hurry to pick the forward gear, I had got on the throttle a little too quickly.

I got the Thunder colour, it is very nice in the sun. I am going to farkel it up a bit with chrome and stainless bits. The chrome on the front of the bonnet looks OK but needs a bit more to make it look right.

The LV MKII is a lot quieter on the road than the LT, they seem to have tightened up the chassis a bit more. The problem is the build quality is a bit suss for the interior bits, it is OK though because the parts just need refitting.

BTW, I can recommend Winford Motors at Mcgraths Hill. Best buying experience I have ever had with any car or bike I have ever purchased, just great

Noel