View Single Post
Old 26-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #71
cpapashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotheProbe
Cpapashley - it's dudes like you that make forums so good. Thanks heaps for your reply & thoughts. I'll see what more I can get on the root cause of the leak. Not knowing my way around all the nuts & bolts I find a large part of the trouble being the engine bay is so full...makes it difficult to see where (letalone take pictures) problems could be emanating from. Think I need one of those spy cameras that can get into tight spots. Here's a laugh and another example....unless I've just got a blockage in the water hose somewhere I'm not getting a water stream through the front windshield cleaners. Do you think from the top of the engine you can even see the small water pump??? I guess it's on the bottom of the water bottle but even that's obscured by engine bits & barriers. arrggg. I'll have to consult the Hayes manual to hunt that little sucker down. Maybe it's the sort of car that's far easier working on it from underneath?
Well thanks again & I'll see what meaningful pictures I can get. I'm quite sure the mechanic would have put standard parts as replacements last time...although I don't go through a Ford dealership for my services.
Man I have to agree with you that the only way to see what is happening in these engines is from underneath. Thankfully the MPV has bucketloads of clearance so it is easy to drive one wheel onto the footpath leave the other on the road and hey presto easy to see underneath. The reason they have so much clearance is because they were designed as a 4wd/crossover in Japan (bit like the subaru outback only with 7 seats) great car for a family of six like mine.

I would strongly suggest a pair of ramps for your car. Will make it that much easier and they are just so cheap to get (supercheap are good)

Just had another thought with the oily smell, there are so many tubes/vacuum hoses/egr just check to see they are all on where they should be.

Just on the issue of performance, the best place to spend money is on the exhaust system first (I know d&t performance have a full system for the probe) and your intake is another place to look at with an SVT intake manifold. Should give you 30hp all up which would make a huge difference to the cars performance. Mind you you may already have all of this done.

Anyway, hope you find something, those cabin smells really make the driving pleasure diminish..... :(
cpapashley is offline   Reply With Quote