View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #14
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Pool Pump vs Jacaranda Debris

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbro4123 View Post
I now get someone in to clean and maintain my (actually hers and kids) pool and equipment and it cost more than the XR8 yearly.
Our pool barely gets used. I think I've been in it maybe 10 times since I moved here. Dad has been using it more regularly for his version of water aerobics since he got a knee replacement earlier this year.

When I first moved here I saw Mum and Dad were paying through the nose to maintain this water hole that no one used. Around $1000 a year for the pool guy alone. I decided how to learn to look after it myself, try save them money.

Got a cover to stop the evaporation, which meant chemical usage and chlorinator levels are kept to a minimum. Even then it still costs around $300 to $400 a year to maintain. $180 to $200 of that is electricity costs and the rest is water and chemicals. Gets closer to the $400 mark if there has been a hiccup that causes an algae problem.

It would scare me to think what it costs if we used the pool regularly like yourselves and had it maintained externally.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: