View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 06:16 PM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Credit card points :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
I'm with CBA and have Platinum credit card.

I use credit for everything but like you never pay interest as I clear it monthly. Free too.

Points rack up quick and I either get gift cards or just use the points back as cash.
I paid for all my Uni fees on my card. If you paid up front you got a 25% discount. I would get the odd comment that I was better off on HECS as I would be paying XX% interest blah blah blah.

Yeah, I already had the cash to pay just put it on the card and transferred the amount across when the statement came lol.

That got me a ton of household stuff / Christmas presents for the family, dinner vouchers etc.

Then I racked up another boat load of points. At one stage CBA must have had an agreement with Dick Smith as I was going to use them to buy my first digital camera. Chose one then got a call from those time share holiday people (Trend West). They said if I went to the seminar I would get a free digital camera.

Went to the seminar, bought $15k of travel points on the card, cancelled them 3 days later and told them the credit card was cancelled as it was stolen so they refunded me by cheque.

Tossed the rubbish digital camera they gifted me and got 2 models better digital camera with the extra points I accrued from buying the time share

Going through my divorce the firm I used allowed payment by credit card..

Bought most of my building materials for my house on my credit card.

Bought a used car for my mate on the credit car.

As long as there was no fee of course. If they offered me a discount for paying 'cash' I would take that option first.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: