View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 06:09 PM   #144
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: 2021 Mustang Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The GT350 was also largely developed before RHD Mustangs were even on sale, so the GT500 sharing many of those bits also means that Ford did not have any idea how many RHD sales of Mustangs they were going to get. So they never planned to make Shelby variants available in RHD.

They saw RHD Mustang as a risk that might not pay off. Luckily for them, it exceeded expectations. Now that they have numbers they can work with, they might have a look at it for future Shelby's. The numbers have to add up though.

But I think a lot of the problem stems from drive by noise. It's much stricter here, and in Europe, than it is in the US. Exhausts, and tyre noise with the big tyres too.
You're right about the GT350/GT350R being different, I know they have different pick up
points on the suspension but understand that the Mach 1 is basically GT350/GT350R
grandfathered over to Ford. The main difference was the hand built FPC 5.2 is replaced
by the Bullitt 5.0 engine. This is Ford getting a second Life out of its chassis.

There probably was justification to skip the RHD Shelby GT but I suspect that once again,
FORD underestimated it's HP audience.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote