View Single Post
Old 26-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #31
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WA Hoon Laws - VF HSV permanently confiscated and to be auctioned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Simply not true; death due to lighting strike is very rare in Australia see http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@....2?OpenDocument and download the spreadsheet. One death from lightning in both 2011 and 2012, 0 in 2010, 1 in 2009, 3 in 2008, 2 in 2007, 0 in 20065, 0 in 2006 etc. Don't know how many were on golf courses (or fishermen using carbon fishing rods. Yet I read several headline each year about a number of speeding street racers killed just in WA.]
How many of those speeding street racers died on a golf course though? Lol

You bring up another point inadvertantly. You state that these deaths were a result of 'speeding' street racers but didn't mention the word 'hoon'.

Hoon laws cover a large and rather a vague blanket type of anti social behaviour on the roads, which in itself is a problem. I think of hooning as someone trying to destroy their tyres and diffs doing burnouts. You may think of it as someone travelling at high speed, but I think of that behaviour as speeding.

Either way there were already laws in place to punish either offence before the hoon laws were introduced, so why do we need laws that permit govco to take personal property? Vague laws that allow govco to take your assets are scary!

Now that a precedent is set and many Australians don't have a problem with that, what other new laws might they try to put into place to seize peoples assests? All the while the real crims get off relatively lightly.
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: