View Single Post
Old 29-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #1151
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-spec15 View Post
Mate you must admit some of the concepts flying around for Operation: Save Falcon are somewhere between dreamland and a hard session on the bongs.

And? What's your point?

Too often have I heard people sitting around and criticizing the general populace for being complacent and not fighting for what they believe in.
As soon as someone does however, they're met with ridicule and objection.
Usually, the people doing the criticizing are the same people; and I'm not certainly not saying this is definitely the case here, so don't think for a second I'm saying you're that way inclined.
However, it makes people want to stand up less, for fear, not of failure, but of being laughed at. As you said, those who disagree with you have your blessing to go forth and conquer (or not).
I'd rather see a bunch of people stand up and fight for what they believe in, regardless of the grandiose plans they have that may or may not work, don't forget though, when the suffragists campaigned for female voting rights, they too were laughed at, and told they were ridiculous. Sometimes ridiculous works, and if it doesn't, well at least someone had the balls to try, and that's FAR better in my eyes than just sitting around and mocking people.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

This user likes this post: