Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 08:19 PM   #3633
prydey
Rob

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Ok guys, I'm in need of some advice on cleaning/maintenance equipment. My bike (Giant Trance advanced Pro 1 29er, 2019) and I've just purchased a Giant Trance X Advanced Pro 29 2, '22, for my son, I also have my wife's Trance Intrigue Advanced pro 0, I'm looking for recommendations on the best gear to clean the cassette and chain and etc.
Any thoughts ?.

On another note, why is it that I can't get an accurate reading (let alone any reading) when trying to inflate the tyres using my air compressor or Milwaukee air inflator ?, I use the little gold adaptor on the Presta valves but I have no idea on how much pressure is in the tyres, do I need to purchase a foot pump ?, are they the only way to read correct pressures ?.

Cheers.
As mentioned above, I use SQUIRT lube, which doesn't require cleaning the chain between applications. Just wipe it down and reapply.

If the chain does get dirty and need cleaning I remove it from the bike and shake it in an old milk bottle with turps or metho. Let it dry fully then re fit (quick links are meant to be single use but i re use them) and re lube.

I lube by putting a drop on each link, rather than squirting while rotating the chain.

And yes, use a track pump. I have a topeak joe blow https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/product...oor-pump-black