View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #167
furiousgibbon

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

thanks, I was actually just curious about ideal stiffness of the coilovers, but your post is helpful. I suppose camber plates would be necessary and based on the fact I can't even get a decent wheel alignment (even from reputed suspension shops), I don't think I'd bother getting the toe adjusted for this event. I'll check the print out I was given after alignment post coilover install. Will definitely keep in mind for future events.

Wheels and tyres (18" R888s) are on the list but the street tyres will have to do the job this time, I don't enter to win or place anywhere near the top half, not really possible with a street car, I just wanna get out there and have fun safely! I've done this event twice before on KU31s, can't get much more average than that...

in regards to my original question though, given an otherwise standard car with coilovers, is there such a thing as 'too stiff'? I haven't had adjustable suspension before (other than anti roll bars), so it's new to me. I would think that if the car is too rigid, the outside tyre may not get loaded enough to achieve its full grip level.
furiousgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote