View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 03:50 PM   #11
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Climate change fact or fiction

Is climate change real? Yeah probably. Am I rushing out to buy the most efficient car possible? No.
When you look at how much private transport adds to the overall pollution levels, it's not huge. My car using an extra litre or 2 per 100km isn't going to make a difference.

Even if climate change isn't real, I think reducing the amount of pollution in cities is a good thing. I like the idea of electric cars, hybrids and other forms of transport like bicycle and walking.
I don't agree with banning ICE vehicles. They should still be an option.

I'm also a fan of urban design and town planning. Modern countries like Australia, NZ and USA are built for cars. Cycling and walking are not appropriate for majority of the population.
I think we need to look at this in future expansions of our cities. More people out of cars is a good thing. Just think how much more fun driving around cities would be is the traffic was cut in half.
Cyclist and fast moving traffic should be separated on main roads. To me that also means on arterial roads that have a speedlimit of 60 or more. On slow speed limit roads they should be able to mingle.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: