View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
KingRat
Starter Motor

Default A technical question about a clutch part name...

Hi all,

New here. Good to see a whole community of cougar lovers. Before I start... I'm a novice when it comes to mechanics of the car, so please bear with me.

I have a question about a part i'm looking for. My clutch is stuffed and the mechanics have told me its not really the clutch plates that have worn off...because I initially thought it was that. Its a twisty narrow little metallic pipe followed by a small rubber hose followed by another small 8 inch metallic narrow pipe. The whole thing would be about 3/ 3.5 feetlong.. the first pipe is about 2, 2.5 feet, then a small hose of about 6/7 inches and another pipe of about 8 inches... this whole thing apparently connects the firewall to the clutch plate (or something along those lines). Its situated on the right hand side of the end if ur facing the engine from the front and run around the back of engine.

Can someone tell me what this part is? A wrecker told me it might be the hydraulic clutch lines by the sounds of it... can someone tell me any good cougar wreckers that might have any manual cougars sitting there? or maybe a place I could order it from? would appreciate your help. Cheers.

KingRat is offline   Reply With Quote