Thread: Oil Leak
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
REDDYZ

Default Re: Oil Leak

Hi Baz, I'm still around and nothing unusual happening with my kat and I think probably the same with everyone which is why nothing much happening around here.

I found out where the oil is leaking from. It is leaking from rear rocker cover and to pin point, it is leaking from the corner where timing cover, rear engine cover and rocker cover intersects. It was hard to trace the leak as oil was following timing cover grooves and eventually going around engine sump following the same grooves and when you look at it you will think that the sump is leaking. I raised car on hoist to clean the leak and thats when I traced the leak. Some how so far no leak. Rocker cover is slightly breathing but nothing major. I will change the rocker gaskets soon when my SVT UIM is ready. I need to get rid of sticky carbon build up inside the UIM before I bolt it on to my kat.

Dave, $1000 to renew rego is a bit too much and on the top insurance as well. Thankfully am in victoria, we only need to pay rego around $630 and no need of inspection. I wouldn't say its less but when compared with NSW, it doesn't hurt much.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote