View Single Post
Old 13-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #4
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: Lessons to be learned from a less that co-ordinated approach to a disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
As far as I am aware, the constitution states that the federal government is accountable for quarantine. The responsibility was delegated to the states, they accepted, fair enough. But as the accountable entity you have a duty to provide oversight. At work, it is drummed into us that you can delegate responsibility but not accountability. The phrase "all care no responsibility" seems to ring true with our current setup.
show me where in our Constitution is says that

I am sick of people saying 'our constitution this' and ' our constitution that' but have never ever read it, I have! Our constitution is mostly about how our political system is set up, not about civil rights

We have seen our Constitution at work with the States having more power than most Australians ever thought, that is our Constitution. And the Federal Government having a lot less power than people ever thought, that is our Constitution

Why has there been very few 'Amendments' to the Constitution, because it is bloody good

and 'human rights this' and human right that' but have never picked up the Human Rights Charter, not being allowed access to potable water is a human right breach'. Having to wear a face mask is NOT a human rights breach FFS!

so show me where in our Constitution is says that

Last edited by Trevor 57; 13-10-2020 at 07:30 AM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: