View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #46
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Reco window switches (tutorial)

Just thought i'd add a bit of info here for anyone contemplating a b series switch
The AU single window switch lh front door i ordered from repco turned out out to be incorrect(sigh), i believe it is from a ba/bf ...... part no. on the Kelpro branded box is KWS 1012.
the lass opened up the box and i had a look at the switch, the old grey matter being what it is these days i couldn't recall what the connector was like on the AU , but it did seem just wrong.
i coughed up the dough any way , i thought i might be able to be a bit inventive and fit the switch regardless with a small bit of modding as the AU window switches are now obsolete from henry parts ,
after comparing the AU to b series window switches on the left front door......... it looks like a lot of rooting around, the connectors are completely different, the au switch has 7 pins, the b series 6.
A keen bloke might give it a go, but i don't want to spend that much time on it, i think i will try other avenues.

after having a gig at the ( i assume original 13 year old) AU switch under the magnifier it has britax stamped into it.......after doing a quick search the first site i looked at was this one.........
http://www.expresscarparts.com.au/pr...&categoryid=96

switches look a reasonable price ..... i reckon i will give this mob a try, anyone else bought from here?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote