View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 03:07 PM   #28
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Why some change cars early

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
What types of jobs usually require near perfect looking vehicles

For some people, either by personal choice or because their work requires, their car must always have near perfect presentation.
IMO, business wise, near perfect vehicles usually signify promptness, attention to detail and lots of care taken.

My ol man owned an upholstery / furniture factory (Wedgwood furniture) and had a new Holden wagon every year. As an 11 year old kid I was paid an allowance to keep his cars looking immaculate as he explained that his cars represented the quality of his workmanship.
Every night he would come home then take me out and quote jobs carrying along huge Wilson's fabric sample books (hence the wagon), I remember clients always commenting on how organised he was and how well his cars were kept not knowing the spotty face kid waiting in the car was the chief vehicle detailer.
I got into courier driving for a couple of years where the company requirement was to have a clean vehicle as it reflected the company image as efficient, fast and caring. They had a 10% bonus for keeping your ride that way.

No doubt where I inherited this from.

First thing I look for in a trade or a driver for transporting anything is a tradesman or owner driver with an immaculate truck which usually reflects on the type of person doing the work.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: