View Single Post
Old 23-05-2022, 10:24 PM   #4499
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

I have a new neighbor in the street who moved in while I was on holiday leave a few weeks ago. The house directly across the road from me, which you will often see in my car washing pics, is currently un-occupied due to the owners ill health, having been living with her daughter in Melbourne since last September.

The new neighbor moved into the house on the right of the un-occupied house. I have not me the new girl and only really given her a friendly wave so far. Unlike a few key people in the street, I don't have the time or inclination to find out the life stories of my various neighbors.

The lady who has been ill will most likely never return but I have been collecting and forwarding mail, watering the garden, mowing the lawns and feeding a couple of stray cats that made the place home. I do this as a good deed, I care about the Jan and really miss our weekly chat. I asked if she minded me parking a car in her driveway from time to time, mainly when I'm detailing and need the driveway for washing. I was told that "I didn't need to ask, of course you can". If it makes the place look like someone is actually home, then that's a good thing. As such, me parking a car over the road once a week for a few hours is a trade for the time I spend over there.

Well, someone in the street (I likely know who it was, she has a bad case of short-mans syndrome and a high level of self importance) has said to the new neighbor that she can let her friend park in Jan's driveway overnight. I think this is very cheeky.

I suppose the nosey neighbor has seen me parking in Jan's driveway enough to think that gesture can be extended to other people in the street, as if to insinuate that I am taking advantage of the situation. What that nosey neighbor doesn't see is the countless hours of mowing, watering and mail collecting that I do for free, out of the goodness of my heart.

I know this is a trivial thing, but it really annoys me. What if Jan and her daughter arrive home to find someone else's car is blocking access to THEIR driveway.

I wish people would mind their own dam business! One of these days, there are a few people in this street that are going to be put back in their places!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: