View Single Post
Old 25-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #3
Chapps57
Starter Motor

Default Re: SOLVED: Poor AM Radio Reception

Gday All,
First post so bare with me please, 6 months ago purchased at auction a black 2016 Diesel Mondeo Hatch Trend, with an AM and DAB reception problem. After reading a couple of posts I decided I would attempt a fix. A long story short the solution was to install the coax from the left amp (FM ONLY) into the (AM FM Dab) amp on the right, noting the left amp coax (white fitting) will not go into the right amp. You must remove the white connector from the amp remove the red clip and slide out the coax, bring the cable back to the right amp. You can not install the white connector from the left amp into the right amp you must remove the coax from the right amp's black connector again remove the red clip and install the coax from the left amp into the right amps black connector, replacing the red clip. You can see the original right amp coax hanging out in the photo. Do not try to install the white connector into the black amp it will not go in.

All there was to do then was to put the cover back on the underside of the hatch and set the AM and Dab stations.
Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Chapps57; 25-09-2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: no photo
Chapps57 is offline   Reply With Quote