View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #21
REDDYZ

Default Re: Another Cougar Newbie

All that trouble was really worth. Just loving my kat now and still doesn't hurt my pocket to feed it. Flywheel is a good option to consider but make sure you change clutch too (with light weight) and also harmonic balancer. Otherwise, you might face odd engine vibrations over 3500rpm. This upgrade will definitely add few horses. I haven't searched for this pulley other than the one mentioned in BAT but am sure there will be one. I will look for them. My clutch is good at the moment. But when it is due to be replaced I will consider all this.

I am sorry I forgot to mention the most important thing which is 'Throttle body bracket'. You need either SVT throttle body bracket or bracket from ATX cougar. Usually you get this bracket when you are buying UIM and throttle body together.

You should get the headers done at first along with exhaust, as they are bolt on and there are not many people out there who like to take up this job.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote