View Single Post
Old 20-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #16
TripleJ85

Default Re: Subaru forester running costs

Interesting thread - I had a similar experience.

Bought a BA E-Gas at 2 years old / 45,000km ex-telstra and drove it for 10 years. Obviously in those years, the benefit of LPG decreased significantly. Most of the issues I had with the car were LPG related but realistically, it served me well and was cheap to run/own. It was awesome on long highway trips both in terms of comfort and cost.
I didn't get much back when I sold it, but see it around from time to time - glad to see it lives on.

I replaced it with an SG Forester X manual - it was my parents car - my old man is having issues with his feet so didn't want a manual anymore.
Ergonomics were pretty poor (I'm a tall guy), road noise was pretty bad, economy wasn't the best. It did hang on to the road nicely in the wet, and served me well as a moving house mule.
It was reliable enough, I guess but servicing costs were pretty steep. I was looking down the barrel of a few grand in servicing costs (new clutch alone would have been $1300 fitted), and decided to move it on. Sold easily for a good price (reputation working in my favor).

I'm driving a 2 year old Skoda Superb wagon now - and so far so good. Nice to have the comfort back that I missed from the Falcon - I'm really not onboard with the SUV craze.
TripleJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: