View Single Post
Old 22-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #35
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: AU i6 & V8 engine oil, what are you using & are you happy with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane Al View Post
I hope I'm not the only one here who will admit to just running whatever 15w40 oil is on cheap special at Repco or Supercheap. Admittedly changed every 5 to 7000 km and mainly doing fairly easy highway cruising, it comes out somewhat darker and dirtier than when it went in but not particularly so. Right now it is running Nulon oil, before that Shell HX5.

I have considered if I should upgrade to a nicer semi synthetic or synthetic oil but I can't see the point when it still holds good oil pressure nicely at 260,000 km, at least according to the gauge, it doesn't make noises, and I haven't blown the motor up yet. At least I'm changing the oil, I don't think the previous owner knew or cared to know that oil is best changed on a regular basis.
Hi Fairlane Al, thanks for your reply mate! Imo if your happy with how its running, I wouldn't change anything either. Keep up the good work mate, good luck!

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote