View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 06:17 PM   #1466
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Hey Merc, I've not really followed the threads you are involved in, so don't know who you are referring to. But one thing I'll say is that, for people who struggle with mental health, social media can be a dangerous place to navigate. You are dealing with faceless people, and there is always a very small percentage who will bully and troll. I find that those small minorities generally have some deep underlying issues themselves. Remember, bullies and trolls feed on one thing.....your reaction. Starving them of that is what irritates them the most, so maybe try the ignore button?

Its not easy being an admin / mod. Its a very fine line when deciding whether to allow members to contribute freely and openly, or censoring what people can say. Mods can't keep track on who can manage a bit of banter and who can't. I run a group myself, and sometimes you get one or two who make smart *** comments just to get a rise out of someone else. I'm often torn whether to give a warning or censor.....and stewing over it gives me mental health issues sometimes The mods here do a really good job given the number of members, and that they allow so many topics that are not car related, and are bound to raise some hard line views.

As I have said before on this thread, one of the things that has greatly helped me is reading / listening to that book / audio book "The subtle art of not giving a fck". Maybe give it a go.

Take it easy.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: