View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #74
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Exactly why I created the OP.

I know a couple of people who genuinely wanted to buy the i30N. (I haven't driven one but as you say apparently very impressive)

Neither bought it purely because of the badge.

Not saying that is right, just how their decision making ended up.
The bloke I know who does tuning as a living that has an i30N and it now pulls 270kw at the front wheels running 98. Dyno proven. (I dont have the dyno sheet). He took me for a drive in it about a year ago on a lesser tune for daily street driving (about 220atw) and it hauled a55 like nobodies business with no torque steer or wheel spin. I was honestly surprised and impressed. Hes a dude that weight over 100kg too and the car pulled like a train with just him and me in it.

The fact that you can customized the suspension tune dampers and other facets of the cars suspension as part of the OEM setup is also a bonus in these things. He says its one of the best BFYB cars he has ever bought.

Dont ask me if warranty on the tune was ever an issue. I dont know honestly know, but he has the ability to tune anything and I have yet to see im break anything.

I know my mrs wouldnt be interested in the i30N mainly due to it being manual which she will refuse to drive. But I am trying to get her to come around to the idea of an i30 N Line which is the milder version (little brother) of the i30N and available in auto DCT as a daily. 1.6L mind you but probably just as fun to drive.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont