View Single Post
Old 16-01-2023, 06:09 PM   #7
manchu

Default Re: Powershift service frequency for reliability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi View Post
Thanks Rondeo
Obviously the second can have the roof racks anywhere along the bars.
How about the low solid profile. Do they have set locations for the roof racks?
You can mount cross bars more or less anywhere along the solid rails so you'll be fine to get the separation you want.

The only real downside of the solid rails on any car is that you really need to get the specific fitting kit for that vehicle/rail profile. With the raised rails you can use a more generic roof racks like you see at aldi etc cheap because they wrap around/under the rails.

re. transmission. Just change the fluids at the 60kkm intervals and it'll probably be as reliable as if you did it every 20kkm.

I've had a trans failure so am a bit nervous about the powershift but I don't think it's reason to avoid the vehicle but if you're really worried you can also get the wagon in 2.3l NA petrol (MB,MC) or the 2.0 ecoboost (MD) both with torque converter auto. Unless you're doing big km then these might be just as cost effective to run once you factor in the higher diesel/powershift servicing costs and current diesel prices. MD ecoboost would be my pick but very few around.

A few other points to consider in your shopping.

Give it a good test drive. Diesel/Powershift combo is extremely sluggish off the line, but otherwise great. I'm not racing, I just want to be able to pull out safely into a gap in traffic. I need double the gap for the mondeo v's anything else I've driven.

MC LX model stereo can only do bluetooth calls, not music. This was a big reason I got a zetec. The stereo in that and the titanium is bloody good IMO.

No reversing cameras in MB, MC models
manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: