View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #88
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Fuel Consumption on your Focus

Ok, I think I have a record.... beat the factory rating!

Model: 2010 Focus TDCI
Generation: LV
Type: 2.0 PowerShift
Driving style: 20% City : 80% Freeway, 853km.
Fuel Consumption: 4.7L/100km (was at 4.4L till we hit traffic!)
Total KM's on the clock: 54k km
AVG speed:76km/h
Conditions: 2 occupants, meduim load, empty roof racks, space saver as well as full size spare, air-con on the whole time.

DTE - 122km. Was stunned! Did the drive from Sydney to Coolangatta and the consumption leveled out at 4.4L per 100, with an average speed of 84km/h. Hit Taree and from there to Kempsey it was 5-10km/h bumper to bumper which reduced the average speed to 70 and our consumption went from 4.4-4.9 :(. Kempsey to Coolangatta leveled the figures to what we have above.

So, I was hoping that the trip back would be a little more smoother, just to compare with going there:

Driving style: 20% City : 80% Freeway, 854km.
Fuel Consumption: 4.6L/100km
Total KM's on the clock: 55k km
AVG speed:79km/h
Conditions: 2 occupants, meduim load, empty roof racks, space saver as well as full size spare, air-con on the whole time.

This time we took a detour to drop into Taree itself for lunch. At that point it was already showing 4.6 and after that my wife took over and drove the rest of the way in drive (I tend to use the gears to better adjust driving to the conditions)..

When we got home the DTE read 152km. Makes for just over 1000km to a tank in those conditions.

Factory figures for the Diesel Focus is 4.8L per 100 - obtained on rollers with no wind resistance from what I hear?

Very impressed ;)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote