View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 11:33 PM   #192
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
On some car consumables now, there’s very little between typical discounted retail and wholesale trade price when you compare apples to apples.
If you're running a small business, even buying through a "trade network" I can practically guarantee you that Supercarp can sell it to the public cheaper, and still make money. And their other great advantage is that their warranty obligation is limited to "nah, you must have fitted it wrong."

My daughter works for a major discount liquor chain (which just so happens to be owned by one of the biggest retail giants) and they have restaurants and even pubs buying their wines, spirits, and even some bottled beers.

When another daughter worked for a major pizza chain (I assume they are franchises) the Owner/Manager got so sick of being fleeced by CCA, that he started buying trolley loads of softdrink from the local supermarket.

But, there's a difference between that and the "gouging" that some mechanics still get up to.

There's a local bloke who "fixes" cars by fitting parts he scrounges from Wreckers, and cons people that he's doing them some huge favour "cos they don't make em anymore."

Now if my turbo has sharted itself after 80k, why the **** would I pay for your labour to fit something from a wreck that's probably done twice that?
and FYI it's a bog-standard MHI turbo, so yeah you can still buy the parts brand new. He refused to fit a new part, "cos of warranty issues" but reckoned he could provide warranty on some rusty piece of junk from a wreckers.
So yet another ****ing job I have to do myself.

Last edited by Crazy Dazz; 29-06-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: