View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default FFAU is coming to Wagga Wagga Saturday, 5th November 2005

FordForums.com.au Wagga Wagga All Ford Day 2005 - Saturday, 5th November 2005

Guys,

As some of you may already know, there is an All Ford Day held at Equex Exhibition Centre in Wagga Wagga bi-annually (every 2 years). This year they are due to hold another one around late October/early November.

The All Ford Day is usually organised by other people but this year they have declined to be involved (due to lack of people willing to lend a hand), and thus Hillis have asked me to arrange the day and organise it, as a result I have made the decision to invite members of FFAU to come to Wagga and have 1st preference in displaying their cars at the All Ford Day.

For those that dont know, Wagga is about halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, about 4.5 hrs from each, and around 3hrs away from Canberra. As a result we're pretty much smack bang in the middle of where the vast majority of members reside, and therefore it's a good compromise instead of holding a show in Syd or Mel and effectively ruling out members from the other city because its such a long way away.

The All Ford Day is usually held on a weekend, at this stage a date has NOT been confirmed but is only a few days away from selecting one and confirming it to allow enough time for planning etc. The main date being proposed at the moment is the weekend of the Saturday, 5th November 2005
, which is the weekend before the Melbourne Cup. This is proposed mainly to give the Vic members 4 days (Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues) to come up and return home after the show.

Because it will be a weekend meet there will be events other than the All Ford Day held for FFAU members, namely a cruise, a large dinner as well as general meet and greets, all of which are in the planning stage.

Laminge, XA Coupe, RussellW, Casper, Tickford2001 and other members have all expressed strong interest in attending (most are definite) and therefore I am hoping a number of other members will follow. We would also love to see some representation of the FPV and XR Clubs of the ACT and Syd/Newcastle/Vic, and provided I get some contact details, information in regards to the show will be sent out to the relevant people in these clubs. If any other club has an interest in attending and displaying, please contact me.

There is a limited amount of space which I can allocate to each club, FFAU will get the bulk of display space and at this stage exact numbers have not been determined - this is being done ASAP to cater for the different groups. I estimate we will be able to display about 150 cars on the day, give or take and I will confirm this on Monday with the Dealer Principal of Hillis Ford.

The Admin team of FFAU, as well as and myself are all VERY keen to make this happen, it is now up to members to support this idea and hopefully we will make it a goer!

This thread is intended as a discussion/question thread, I will check it regularly and keep you all informed of our progress. Please ask away if you have any questions.

For those who want further details, please contact me via email as PM wont hold many. My details:

Aust Gregor
0412 634 240
austin_joefus@hotmail.com

Looking forward to seeing you in Wagga soon!

Cheers!

Last edited by Laminge; 15-08-2005 at 06:45 PM.
b2tf is offline   Reply With Quote