View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
probably a long shot but coil packs might be worth closer inspection, how many k`s has the car done??
I had a coilpack start to play up ... and it was noticeable at idle ... but also played up while cruising and under load as well. It ended up being one of the terminals on the coilpack deteriorating ... but I would have though it could have caused issues while driving as well.

also being an EGAS model ... getting it to miss under load (ie: one hell of a decent backfire) scared the crap out of the cabbie driving next to me (no damage to the intake thank goodness).

It maybe a vacuum leak as mentioned (should have able to hear a sucking sound from the intake manifold usually) ... another thing it might be is the power steering switch ... this can cause issues with erratic and low idle too (someone mentioned a grinding sound as well).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote