Thread: Ambitious China
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #253
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Ambitious China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
You fight fire with fire and you end up burnt, we are the ones that are going to come off bruised not them. We are not at war per se, but this kind of crap actually starts them!

At the end of the day some chump did a PS, it was completely out of line but our reaction was over the top. Its the grandstanding the PM is doing on a raft of things that is inflaming the situation, we just need to be a bit smarter.

That doesnt mean you double down, or that you are "weak", it means you are level headed and calculated.

Anyone can throw insults, now the PM looks like a monkey because as if China will say sorry.

I am all for getting even, but doing it publicly is ugly and childish. Call it out fine, but do it tactfully because even if you shout they are not going to listen so you only diminish yourself.

Actions...not words.
China does not have to say sorry and most likely it won't and it is about time people and business in our country should realise who they are trading with and look elsewhere.
China's belt & road initiative should be a reminder to all of us in what we dealing with.
I still stand with what Scomo response which I think is warranted contrary to yours and others beliefs.
China has become very aggressive when they don't get their way.
Sometimes you have to be blunt in responding.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: